RHAP is in the Eastern this week to host a consultative workshop on the NHI. Join us in the Nyandeni Sub-district and add your voice to the NHI Bill!
The recent release of the National Health Insurance Bill presents a unique opportunity to transform rural health delivery. As such it requires current actors within the health system to reflect on the likely impact of the bill on the delivery of rural health care. To this end we will be hosting a one-day consultative workshop in the Nyandeni Sub District to invite interested parties to share their concerns and insights on the likely impact of the NHI. In our workshop we aim to explore:
- How the NHI will likely impact on the provision of rural healthcare by providing an overview of the proposed NHI Fund and its governance.
- What type of healthcare improvements are most important for the people of Nyandeni?
- The impact of the proposed purchaser / provider split.
- Contracting units for primary care and the role of provinces and district.
- Private sector involvement in health care delivery under the NHI.